CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 22, 2012

True joy comes from recognizing the power within each one of us to make this life a happy one despite our trials.

I am wishing I were living in Alaska right now! The weather is soooo hot! The change in my medication is helping. Yipee! I am feeling much less depressed and have a better outlook on life. I am so grateful. The anxiety is still there but I can live with that.  I saw a note on my fridge that my daughter came up with. I was in a very bad place, mentally, at the time. I thought I was doing well enough and didn't need my medications anymore. She was trying to help me see that the meds were what was helping me and I couldn't stop taking them. The note said: "If it's raining and you're under an umbrella; does that mean it's not raining anymore? No; it just means you're less effected by the rain because of the umbrella."  We believe that the inspiration for this quote came from our Heavenly Father. She helped me to see the wisdom in continuing with my treatment and to keep following my doctors instruction. The last 6 years have been so difficult. My memory of them is mostly gone. But, now, hopefully, I will continue to be better and live a more productive life as I did before I got sick. 

1 Muses:

Princess said...

I am so proud of you mom and think you are doing a great job. I know how hard things have been for you and you are such a strong person. I love you so much!